Summary: U.S. Department of Agriculture Announces Partnerships to Enhance Plant and Animal Health in Africa
- USDA Under Secretary for Marketing and Regulatory Programs, Jenny Lester Moffitt, announced new partnerships to improve plant and animal health in Africa.
- This announcement was made during the Africa Food Systems Forum in Tanzania, further strengthening USDA’s partnership in Africa.
- The partnerships aim to deliver practical solutions to enhance agricultural productivity and food security in Africa.
- Under Secretary Moffitt highlighted the importance of collaboration and knowledge transfer in addressing plant and animal health challenges.
- The USDA’s engagement in Africa demonstrates their commitment to supporting sustainable agricultural development.
This announcement by the U.S. Department of Agriculture is an important step towards addressing the challenges faced by African farmers in maintaining the health of their plants and animals. Through these partnerships, practical solutions can be developed to enhance agricultural productivity and improve food security in the region. The USDA’s commitment to collaboration and knowledge transfer will undoubtedly contribute to sustainable agricultural development in Africa.